Spring is Almost Here . . .
Spring? Yes, it’s been cold and wet, but Spring is not that far away? So here’s a Spring home maintenance checklist to get your home in order for the upcoming eason. From cleaning out your gutters to inspecting your smoke detectors, use this checklist to help prepare your home for spring.
Start with a Look Inside Your Home . . .
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! Spend a couple of hours looking at these items for preventive maintenance inside your home.
- Inspect electrical outlets for frayed or loose wires. Do you hear any crackling sounds when you plug-in an appliance?
- Check your fire extinguisher for expiration dates and replace/recharge as needed.
- Inspect ceilings for “brown spots” – an indication of leaks in the home.
- Schedule an inspection of your air-conditioning system.
- Check your water heater for leaks and corrosion.
- Clean your clothes dryer exhaust duct and surrounding space. Remove lint, dust, and “lost socks.”
Clogged dryer vents can lead to fires!
- Test and inspect all smoke detectors. If you can’t remember when you last replaced the batteries, replace them now.
Take a Look Outside, Too
Don’t overlook inspecting the outside of your home, too.
- Check for damage to your roof from fallen branches and twigs. Roof damage results in leaks, which can cause even more damage to your home.
- While you’re on the roof, inspect your chimney for any damage or cracking. Make sure all flashing is secured and sealed.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts to keep debris from accumulating. Be sure downspouts send water away from the house.
- Look for any holes where rodents or animals might be able to gain access to your home. Take advantage of our Wildlife Special if necessary!
- Inspect decks for loose boards, nails and rotting.
- Check patios and sidewalks for loose or cracked concrete and mortar.
Can You Do All That? – If Not, Call SWAT
There is certainly a lot to do on this Spring home maintenance checklist. If you don’t have the time, or aren’t able to tackle all of these items, give us a call at SWAT, today. We have qualified technicians able to inspect and recommend home repairs as needed. No job is too big or too small. Our mission is to provide professional home services at fair pricing and to leave you with a great sense of customer satisfaction. We have been and continue to be referred by generations of local Marietta and Cobb County families. And because we know how valuable your recommendation is for our success, we sincerely honor your trust.
SWAT Services (770) 565-7928